THE LEADER DEFINES THE ORGANISATION
HOW WE OPERATE
A. TWO ORGANIZATIONS; ONE MINISTRY
Rivoni Ministries started off as an Evangelical outreach from South Africa to the Shangaan/Tsonga people of Mozambique. It gradually gained momentum and grew to become a mission society and regsitered as a non profit organization in the RSA. Then came the need to register the Mozambican section of the work as a seperate legal entity to comply with the Mozambique Govermental requirements.
We are now registered as the following two non-profit organizations:
- Rivoni Ministries (South Africa) is registered with the Registrar of Non-Profit Organizations: reg. no. 055-268-NPO(RSA).
- Rivoni Ministries, Mozambique is registered as: Ministerio Luz de Mocambique – certifico que no Livro “A”, folhas 175 de Registo das Organizacoes Religiosas.
Each of these ministries has its own Director and Board.
B. FUNCTIONS OF EACH OF THE TWO ORGANIZATIONS
- Rivoni Mozambique handles the discipling of the Shangaan people in Mozambique which is what the Mission is called to do.
- Rivoni South-Africa supports Rivoni Mozambique to reach its goal by the handling some of the more administrative and technical tasks.
C. RIVONI RSA
This section of the work is handled by Francois and Dot du Plessis, Francois being the Director. He runs the Mission from his home which is at Pretoria (Tshwane) South Africa. He, and such helpers as are available, assist Rivoni Mozambique in the following ways:
- Raising up of prayer and funding support by whatever means available and taking groups of interested supporters to see the work done there.
- Receiving of donations and transferring of funds to Rivoni Moz. when requisitioned for.
- Checking of accounts submitted by Rivoni Mozambique when it is unable to find local auditors.
- Visiting Rivoni Moz. to confer with the leadership on matters such as strategy, solving of issues relating to the hubs and classes, funding, etc.
Tap to read more: Headquarters in South-Africa.
D. RIVONI MOZAMBIQUE
The Mozambique side of Rivoni Ministries is directed by Nelson and Tina Muiambo, Nelson being the Director. The Mission’s headquarters is at Chinhacanine, which is some 60 km north-east of Chokwe (See map).
Brother Nelson carries responsibility for all the work done by Rivoni Ministries in Mozambique.
- Discipling: He has under his care the 9 discipling hubs with their staff. (Tap Hubs to read more.) He also is to esablish new hubs.
- Secretarial and miscellaneous duties.
Tap to read more on: Headquarters in Mozambique.
PLEASE PRAY FOR US
In all organisations the leader plays an extremely important role to keep it healthy and progressing to reach its goal. This is also true in the building of God’s Kingdom. Let your mind dwell for a while on mighty men such as Abraham, Joseph, Moses, David and Paul. They had to set an example and especially also hear from God in every decision they took.
When the leader fails, the organisation or nation fails. For that reason the devil assigns his most powerful, cunning and wicked demons to trouble a leader day and night. Therefor please pray for our two Directors to be protected from being mislead by the wiles of the evil one. Also pray that they may march in joy with their eyes fixed on our Lord Jesus Christ and may often taste the sweetness of victory.